Saturday, February 8, 2014

In Which I Share a Map...

I have been a collector of two things ever since I can remember.  I love words.  I have always loved them.  I remember memorizing 'big' words when I was about four years-old.  My little heart would swell with the new ways I could communicate.  Once I was older, I began collecting quotes.  I love how quotes can capture the ideas and wisdom of people whose lives I will otherwise never touch.  I always felt that language holds a certain essence of creation quite unlike anything else.

I have also always loved maps.  I don't know what fascinates me so much about maps.  Is it the unknown being charted?  Is it the places represented that become more concrete and real when I see them on a paper?  Is it the colors, and lines, oceans, mountains, and absolute amazing creativity of our God that I see every time I look at a map?

So today I decided I would just combine a couple of the things I have loved since I can remember.  I designed a little watercolor of the world and added a quote from one of my favorite wells of wisdom, Mother Theresa.  If you would like, feel free to download it and print it out.  This is a simple reminder for me that there is a world in need, but to never miss the opportunity to help those right in front of me.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jenni! Angelica is going to start painting classes in Puebla next week. Someday you'll have to come visit us and help us create an art studio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think Angelica will love painting! Watercolor is my favorite - though this one I did on a design program on the computer. :) I can say how much I'd love to come down for a visit to help create an art studio!!

    ReplyDelete

 photo Pinterest-button_zps664307a6.png  photo Facebook-button_zpsd54f4384.png  photo twitter-button_zps60ac45c8.png

About Me

My photo
Shoreline, WA, United States